Que tal equipo, les platico que tendré que esperar un poco más para zarpar, a pesar de mi insistencia para apresurar la salida los meteorólogos me recomiendan enérgicamente esperar a una mejor ventana puesto que de otro modo el mal tiempo me encontraría a solo dos días de aquí, el tema no es solo encontrar viento y oleaje sino que además en una dirección opuesta a mi ruta; la presencia de una baja presión cercana a las Islas Canarias provoca fuertes vientos y oleaje en esta zona, los boletines de las Islas emiten alertas por fuertes vientos y oleaje.
WEATHER ROUTING INC. IS PROUD TO BE THE OFFICIAL WEATHER PROVIDER FOR THE CASCARITA
PREPARED: November 23 14:41z
Thanks for your e-mail and we understand your concerns with delaying departure and that the 25th still looks like a good window. However, as mentioned yesterday, a rapidly strengthening GALE will develop northeast of the Azores on the 26th and dive southeast to the northeast of the Canary Islands on the 27th. This will increase NW winds up to 25-30kts (30-35kts between the islands) from the Canaries s’ward to 25N and w’ward to 25W overnight the 27th. This GALE will be slow to move out, which will reinforce the N’ly winds and swells through the 29th (winds remain 25-35kts and swells will build up to 2.5-3.5mtrs near 25N south of the Canaries while building up to 4-5mtrs west of 19W to 25W on the 28th through 29th). Basically this will put you in very heavy weather for at least 2 days with little progress to be made.
We cannot validate departing on the 24th/25th as the weather will deteriorate quickly near the Canary Islands and its adjacent waters by the 27th. We do expect this pattern to break with the HIGH building more n’ward toward the Azores on the 30th/01st that will allow the trade winds to become more established over the e’rn Atlantic Ocean at that time and we strongly recommend holding up until at least the 30th.
As for calm weather for your trip, this occurs less frequently during this time of year with the strong HIGHS to the north enhancing trade winds. However, we cannot rule out where a LOW may sit to the north of your route and weaken the high, this will weaken the trade winds for approximately 1-3 days at a time.
Please advise if you have any further questions and we will advise on your window again, at the latest, on the 26th.